Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Cotford St Luke

HomeHelpSearch Sign Up Login Village Website  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The People’s Friend Magazine.. (Read 92 times)
marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
The People’s Friend Magazine..
13. Apr 2018 at 08:29

This is a real long-shot but....

Does anyone have a copy of The People’s Friend magazine dated January 20th 2018 (issue number 7710) which I could borrow or buy? Also the following edition...7711....?

I would be really grateful.... Smiley

IP Logged

marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Re: The People’s Friend Magazine..
Reply #1 - 14. Apr 2018 at 09:48

marilyn wrote on 13. Apr 2018 at 08:29:
This is a real long-shot but....

Does anyone have a copy of The People’s Friend magazine dated January 20th 2018 (issue number 7710) which I could borrow or buy? Also the following edition...7711....?

I would be really grateful.... Smiley

My ideas are a little old fashioned! I was thinking of magazines as I see them on the newsagents’ shelves but last evening, digital copies of both issues were downloaded to my computer! Thank you so much...  Smiley

....and the same person is now searching for the copy dated October 20th 2007.... Smiley

The story behind it is that I’ve been playing online Scrabble these past months when evenings are lonely and there’s nothing on TV...

One opponent with whom I seemed to be on a level par kept asking for rematches and we started chatting in the box available to us for this purpose. Turned out she lives in Brisbane, Australia. So, between our little chats we’ve got to know each other well and I mentioned that her Mum might enjoy the People’s Friend magazine as they enjoy Scottish music and are learning Gaelic. She told me that her Mum already bought that magazine and the issues she’d picked up that very morning were the January editions. She went on to say that, in October 2007, her Mum had an article published in its pages with a photo of herself with a Koala bear. I said I’d try to get hold of a copy plus the ones she’s reading right now...The message back from her Mum was that she’d like to pass one of the three 2007 copies she’s kept over the fence to me...the only problem being that the fence is the longest in the world...the Equator!

...to you, this won’t seem a riveting, on-the-edge-of-your-seat kind of story....to me, it’s the little things that mean a lot.... Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print