Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Cotford St Luke

HomeHelpSearch Sign Up Login Village Website  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cuts to 25 bus service... (Read 229 times)
marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Cuts to 25 bus service...
05. Feb 2018 at 09:16

The revised 25 bus timetable (to be found on Firstgroup.com) comes into effect today (5th February) ....  Undecided

IP Logged

brooklynodog
Master Member

Cotford st Luke
Re: Cuts to 25 bus service...
Reply #1 - 05. Feb 2018 at 09:22

Marilyn, if ever you need a lift to town and back, you only have to ask.  Smiley

A bad days fishing is still better than a good day at work.

IP Logged

marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Reply #2 - 05. Feb 2018 at 14:50

Oh, thank you for your kind offer, Brooklynodog...

There are many kind people in this village and Iím also fortunate to have family nearby who will take me anywhere so I can usually manage.

Regarding the reduced bus service, itís not for myself Iím concerned (being retired, my days are my own and I can fit in with the revised timetable) ~ my concerns are for people who rely on the 25 to get to and from work or students who have paid for travel passes to get to college, etc.

Also, there have been times (such as Friday mornings) when the bus formerly leaving Cotford at around 10.25am, has had all seats taken by the time it arrived at Norton Fitzwarren. Thereís then often a major reshuffle so that older people can have a seat while other passengers stand, filling the aisle. This makes it difficult for passengers in wheelchairs or parents with children in buggies to board... With less buses running what will happen if theyíre already filled to capacity long before they reach Taunton?  Undecided

I do have a slightly niggling thought that itís because so many passengers share the same perk as me and have a free bus pass...maybe if we had to pay our way, the service could continue to run as before.... Huh

IP Logged

itsmeagain
Exceptional Member

COTFORD ST LUKE
Reply #3 - 05. Feb 2018 at 15:50

My daughter works at Matalan and has different shifts. Today she had to get the 11:50 bus for a 1 o clock shift. Tomorrow she has to get a 2:40 bus to start work at 5 as they have cut the 4 o clock bus.  They are not giving any thought to shift workers.   Itís not right. We have signed a petition to try and get the cut buses back again.

IP Logged

Cornish Rebellion

Reply #4 - 05. Feb 2018 at 16:19

Can never understand why the 28 service that runs to Minehead every 30 mins cannot detour via Norton/Cotford or Cotford occasionally.  It only stops at Manor Camp between Cross Keys and Bishops Lydeard. Could it not do a 1 in 4 detour to prop up services lost????

IP Logged

TonyM
Extraordinary Member

Reply #5 - 05. Feb 2018 at 19:48

Cornish Rebellion wrote on 05. Feb 2018 at 16:19:
Can never understand why the 28 service that runs to Minehead every 30 mins cannot detour via Norton/Cotford or Cotford occasionally.† It only stops at Manor Camp between Cross Keys and Bishops Lydeard. Could it not do a 1 in 4 detour to prop up services lost????

Good idea -† it would also provide a direct link to Minehead and a much improved link to BL.

IP Logged

Jimmy
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Reply #6 - 05. Feb 2018 at 20:53

Cornish Rebellion wrote on 05. Feb 2018 at 16:19:
Can never understand why the 28 service that runs to Minehead every 30 mins cannot detour via Norton/Cotford or Cotford occasionally.† It only stops at Manor Camp between Cross Keys and Bishops Lydeard. Could it not do a 1 in 4 detour to prop up services lost????

Agree. Weak and narrow bridge perhaps?

IP Logged

TonyM
Extraordinary Member

Reply #7 - 06. Feb 2018 at 20:37

Jimmy wrote on 05. Feb 2018 at 20:53:

Agree. Weak and narrow bridge perhaps?

Berrys school buses cross the bridge, and they use full size vehicles.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print