Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Cotford St Luke

HomeHelpSearch Sign Up Login Village Website  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New development in Dene Road (Read 670 times)
TonyM
Extraordinary Member

New development in Dene Road
10. Aug 2017 at 14:16

This one has escaped my notice so far  -   there is a planning application to  build 8 properties on the green space   on Dene Road at the south of the village.

(see today's "Gazette")

See link:

http://www1.tauntondeane.gov.uk/tdbcSites/StandardMapInfo/Planning/BVPlanning.as...

IP Logged

meldrew
Exceptional Member

cotford st luke
Re: New development in Dene Road
Reply #1 - 10. Aug 2017 at 15:37

Here's the link to the application itself (http://www2.tauntondeane.gov.uk/asp/webpages/plan/PlAppDets.asp?casefullref=53/1...)

That would really ruin the look of the village as you enter it  Sad

IP Logged

Jimmy
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Reply #2 - 11. Aug 2017 at 12:47

I saw a couple of people poking around down there earlier in the week.

It's on the NHS land.  The NHS are the applicant.  Perhaps the only way the NHS can attract decent funding is to build and sell houses!

IP Logged

Spangles

Cotford St Luke
Reply #3 - 11. Aug 2017 at 18:07

Maybe if the NHS sell off all their land here for building houses perhaps we shall qualify for a marks and spencer store in the village. And the church may reconsider and build a cathedral. Smiley

IP Logged

knockman

Reply #4 - 12. Aug 2017 at 18:33

This sounds serious and a new development in Cotford. Especially as no houses are currently on that side of the road. Just the park and further down the school building.
I recall the cotford parish council requesting Hasle parish to move the boundary into the stream. Hasle did respond by asking why and was this the enable building on the flood plain. Well 12 months or so later...
I have seen the area flooded and took photos from the road some two Winters ago.
Then we have the trees which I thought had a protection order on them.
Also we have experienced the current buildings going on with all the mud and mess on the footpath and road.  Plus parking on the grass. Then there are the building supply lorries left in the road with engines running while the driver goes onto the site.   And the bus, so important to the elderly getting stuck. So the villages will have to put up with all this and more from the NHS land. Yes its the major route into the village as well.
I was hoping that this land would be respected as flood plain and park land. Possibly village allotments. So sad.

IP Logged

meldrew
Exceptional Member

cotford st luke
Reply #5 - 13. Aug 2017 at 12:11

It would certainly set a poor precedent for the village and would encourage development on the land opposite.
All part of the Tories master plan I suppose.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tories-quietly-doubled-number-nhs-10962728

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print