Parking on roads (Read 3193 times)
Tempus Fugit
Forum Oracle
Master of Village Posts

Also available in sarcastic.

This space available to rent.
Re: Parking on roads
Reply #15 - 04. Jul 2017 at 16:22

Oh, look - it must be National Park Like A T*** Day. Again...

Fortunately, there wasn't a bus coming to back up for, just a van. It comes to a pretty pass when one has to consult the bus timetable before attempting to drive through the village.  Roll Eyes

Just after lunch today:-

vlcsnap-00001_001.jpg (311 KB | 20 )
vlcsnap-00001_001.jpg
vlcsnap-00002_001.jpg (225 KB | 17 )
vlcsnap-00002_001.jpg
vlcsnap-00003.jpg (248 KB | 19 )
vlcsnap-00003.jpg
vlcsnap-00004.jpg (229 KB | 17 )
vlcsnap-00004.jpg
vlcsnap-00005.jpg (206 KB | 18 )
vlcsnap-00005.jpg

Science - making religion look stupid since the 17th century.

IP Logged

Tempus Fugit
Forum Oracle
Master of Village Posts

Also available in sarcastic.

This space available to rent.
Reply #16 - 04. Jul 2017 at 16:23

I don't know about these days but when I was learning to drive it was a test failure to draw up more than 12" from the kerb and not parallel, let alone park up and leave your vehicle sticking out into the carriageway...

I can't wait for the school buses to arrive (or rather, depart).  Grin

vlcsnap-00007.jpg (239 KB | 17 )
vlcsnap-00007.jpg
vlcsnap-00008.jpg (257 KB | 20 )
vlcsnap-00008.jpg

Science - making religion look stupid since the 17th century.

IP Logged

meldrew
Exceptional Member

cotford st luke
Reply #17 - 04. Jul 2017 at 20:24

Unfortunately the inconsiderate builders have set a sad precedent for parking on the triangle there. People are just like sheep.
I have not seen a car park on that piece of land in the 15 years I have lived here until this year. It just lends weight to the frankly ridiculous argument to turn it into a car park despite there being one across the road and one at the Co-Op. It would be a disaster for the look of the village.

IP Logged

itsmeagain
Exceptional Member

COTFORD ST LUKE
Reply #18 - 05. Jul 2017 at 07:24

Where the builders park so close to the width gap on a bend it is so dangerous. It will only be a matter of time before there is an accident. Don't ever seem to see the PCSO around here any more. Are we the forgotten village ???

IP Logged

lassie

Reply #19 - 05. Jul 2017 at 07:57

itsmeagain wrote on 05. Jul 2017 at 07:24:
Don't ever seem to see the PCSO around here any more. Are we the forgotten village ???

I think there's probably more forgotten villages and people than just us; such is the life under a Tory government.

IP Logged

TonyM
Extraordinary Member

Reply #20 - 05. Jul 2017 at 18:19

It isn't clear whether some of the vehicles in the pictures belong to people working on the development in the old hospital building, in which case they will obviously  not be around for that long.

I have issues with large commercial  vans parked in the streets -  at one time these vehicles would have been  returned to their depot at the end of the working day.

IP Logged

Anvil
Supreme Member

The dark side of the moan.
Reply #21 - 05. Jul 2017 at 23:06

TonyM wrote on 05. Jul 2017 at 18:19:
It isn't clear whether some of the vehicles in the pictures belong to people working on the development in the old hospital building, in which case they will obviously  not be around for that long.

I have issues with large commercial  vans parked in the streets -  at one time these vehicles would have been  returned to their depot at the end of the working day.

I think it's safe to say that, down there, if it's a van it's people working on The Hamptons and if it's a car it's someone who lives five minutes walk away (mostly).

IP Logged

Jimmy
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Reply #22 - 06. Jul 2017 at 12:20

Anvil wrote on 05. Jul 2017 at 23:06:

I think it's safe to say that, down there, if it's a van it's people working on The Hamptons and if it's a car it's someone who lives five minutes walk away (mostly).

Not always.  A neighbour who lives in an adjacent street parks his commercial van alongside my garden wall rather than outside his own house.  It often causes traffic to back up if it meets the bus coming in the opposite direction. 

And what about the van with the mini-digger on a trailer than is often parked near the Chapel?

IP Logged

Pete

CSL
Reply #23 - 06. Jul 2017 at 12:45

I have noticed people now parking on the double yellow lines on the speed humps on Dene Way, on the hill. Not only have they been blocking the pedestrian crossing points but also creating a continuous row of parked vehicles whereas the double yellows at least allow a passing place on the hill. Inconsiderate eedyits!

IP Logged

Jimmy
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Reply #24 - 06. Jul 2017 at 13:30

I've contacted Taunton Deane BC, Avon and Somerset Constabulary and our local county councillor about this.  Maybe we will see a parking officer dishing out some fines very soon?   Smiley

IP Logged

Jimmy
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Reply #25 - 06. Jul 2017 at 14:45

Jimmy wrote on 06. Jul 2017 at 13:30:
I've contacted Taunton Deane BC, Avon and Somerset Constabulary and our local county councillor about this.  Maybe we will see a parking officer dishing out some fines very soon?   Smiley

Just had the police on the phone following my call to them.  They have informed the local station and the local beat officers, and someone will be down during the next couple of days to hopefully take some action.  So we may have a solution fairly soon Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Anvil
Supreme Member

The dark side of the moan.
Reply #26 - 06. Jul 2017 at 23:59

Jimmy wrote on 06. Jul 2017 at 12:20:
Anvil wrote on 05. Jul 2017 at 23:06:

Not always.  A neighbour who lives in an adjacent street parks his commercial van alongside my garden wall rather than outside his own house.  It often causes traffic to back up if it meets the bus coming in the opposite direction. 

And what about the van with the mini-digger on a trailer than is often parked near the Chapel?
During the day I'm fairly sure it is. There's no space for a local van to park down there until the evening!

IP Logged

meldrew
Exceptional Member

cotford st luke
Reply #27 - 24. Sep 2017 at 13:02

I know it's Dorset but very relevant article in the Echo today: http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15553168.THINK_BEFORE_YOU_PARK__Fire_service_s_...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print