Send Topic Print
Thank you---- (Read 401 times)
marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Thank you----
09. Mar 2017 at 07:41

I don't do Facebook so this is my only means of broadcasting a huge 'Thank you' to everyone who attended Richard's Funeral Service yesterday---

You cannot know how overwhelmed my family and I were by the caring support of so many friends --- the display of genuine love and respect for a man so dear to us ---

I went to bed last night with thoughts of you all --- from the very start of the day when a ring on my doorbell had a visitor armed with a bowl of eggs and slices of olive bread to rustle me up a scrambled egg breakfast, the consoling wave from a childminder as the corsage drove past her on her way to the school, being met by Rev. Alison at the Crematorium where she conducted the finest of Farewell Services in honour of my husband--- and that 'line-up' afterwards when I realised just how many friends we have in this new village of Cotford St Luke --- so many people who took time out of a workday, arranged for their children to be looked after, that they may pay tribute to Richard ---

New Zealand, Germany and Scotland's geographical relationship with Cotford prevented some from being with us but they were represented by the knowledge that 3.30pm brought Richard to them in thought---

I feel privileged to be a part of this community --- thank you for your comforting embrace in this saddest of times ---   xxxx

IP Logged

Colin
Exceptional Member

Re: Thank you----
Reply #1 - 12. Mar 2017 at 09:11

Its Coz we Luv you ... and respect what a great, kind and helpful man Richard was.
So Sorry I couldn't be there.
xxx

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print