Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
The Chapel (Read 29046 times)
itsmeagain
Exceptional Member

COTFORD ST LUKE
Re: The Chapel
Reply #75 - 15. Jan 2017 at 18:20

We were lucky to have had the Chapel for the time it was a Thai themed restaurant/pub. I loved the Chapel and will miss it very very much. It's a shame it had to end like this 😢

IP Logged

Jimmy
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Reply #76 - 16. Jan 2017 at 08:21

I understand the chef was refused a day off after christmas so he walked! Shocked

IP Logged

jaycee

Cotford
Reply #77 - 18. Jan 2017 at 07:50

We can't believe this has happened!!!! We visit the chapel every week for food and it's been the heart of the village since it restyled as the Thai themed venue. It's always been busy and we've had nothing but great service and food so the comments that the other business may have had an impact on this successful one may seem plausible.

I'm really sad and our hearts go out to the staff who have always been lovely.

So does anyone know .... the people that have been running it ... are they tenants and is it them that have closed ... or is it the owner of the building that has closed it?

We can only pray that the venue gets picked up FAST and that it retains the staff and also the standard of service and menus.

We just can't believe that it's happened. If we really have lost an incredible venue because of subsidising a dive in Taunton then it is a travesty.

Jay & Neil

IP Logged

Friends

Reply #78 - 18. Jan 2017 at 09:23

Along with the rest of the village, the Friends of Dene Barton (Taunton's Community Hospital) are saddened to know that the Chapel is closed for now and our thoughts would echo yours, Jaycee as we have enjoyed this venue individually and as a group.

Our thanks would go to the staff for their cheerful and attentive manner and particularly to the proprietor and customers for the support given to the little hospital ---

Patients and the medical team have benefitted from the funds raised by The Chapel for them. The kindness and generosity in the form of proceeds from ticket sales for events, vouchers donated as Raffle prizes for our Fetes and contributions in the collection box at the bar have helped us to achieve our goals with projects, the most recent being the refurbishment of a delightful sitting-out area by the pond in the gardens ----

With our thanks and wishes that all will turn out well----

IP Logged

Nobody
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Reply #79 - 18. Jan 2017 at 11:01

I would like to record my personal appreciation of what the Chapel has achieved in the past year. I can only echo the comments concerning the excellent Thai food and the friendly and welcoming atmosphere that the staff created. Let us hope that the current difficulties can be overcome and that that the Chapel can re-open soon to provide this much needed facility in our village.

IP Logged

meldrew
Exceptional Member

cotford st luke
Reply #80 - 01. Feb 2017 at 21:44

Obviously things went nasty:
https://twitter.com/chapelcotford

IP Logged

meldrew
Exceptional Member

cotford st luke
Reply #81 - 02. Feb 2017 at 10:06

Seems they're hell bent on destroying whatever remained of the Chapel's reputation sadly.
https://www.facebook.com/chapelcotford/?fref=ts

IP Logged

Jimmy
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Reply #82 - 02. Feb 2017 at 11:43

The Facebook page on Meldrew's link is just embarrassing.  It would seem some people need to grow up.

And if damage is being done to the listed building the owner and perhaps the police should be made aware.

IP Logged

marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Reply #83 - 02. Feb 2017 at 15:15

Jimmy wrote on 02. Feb 2017 at 11:43:
The Facebook page on Meldrew's link is just embarrassing.  It would seem some people need to grow up.

And if damage is being done to the listed building the owner and perhaps the police should be made aware.

I agree, Jimmy.

I found it heartening that the Forum hasn't been tarnished with the ilk of posts as are on Facebook but there has come a time when those who don't 'do' Facebook deserve to know why the Chapel is closed so you putting the links on here satisfies that need, Meldrew--- (Thank you.)

For those concerned, it's distressing when relationships go sour, horrible when businesses are struggling but the present situation isn't the solution---

On a personal note, my address overlooks the Chapel and I found the hefty Police presence there for several hours on two occassions last week extremely disturbing----

Hoping that the heat will go out of the dispute soon and there may be a more civilised way of sorting the problems---

IP Logged

meldrew
Exceptional Member

cotford st luke
Reply #84 - 12. Feb 2017 at 11:12

Would be good if more councils did this maybe: https://www.stroud.gov.uk/news-archive/council-buys-the-ship-inn

IP Logged

lassie

Reply #85 - 20. Mar 2017 at 20:38

Positive? news on the twitter feed about the chapel reopening.

chaptwit.PNG (317 KB | 42 )
chaptwit.PNG

IP Logged

russ. m
Advanced Member

burge meadow
Reply #86 - 22. Mar 2017 at 17:47

Hopefully it will get new owners now. As neither seem fit to be running it.

IP Logged

jaycee

Cotford
Reply #87 - 23. Mar 2017 at 19:49

It would be lovely to have things back to normal. Does anyone know who is going to now be running it ? I see that Rachel put that she has signed the premises license over - I wonder who to ?

It would be fab if it opens and there aren't any major changes -we loved the menu there before and literally ate their every week.

I did drive past on the way home tonight and saw that the coloured lights were lit inside the bar area windows and the place looked fully lit..... is it open or just people inside doing stuff ?

Jay Smiley

IP Logged

Jimmy
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Reply #88 - 24. Mar 2017 at 11:55

russ. m wrote on 22. Mar 2017 at 17:47:
Hopefully it will get new owners now. As neither seem fit to be running it.

I'm afraid that may be wishful thinking Russ.

IP Logged

Jimmy
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Reply #89 - 24. Mar 2017 at 12:35

jaycee wrote on 23. Mar 2017 at 19:49:
It would be lovely to have things back to normal. Does anyone know who is going to now be running it ? I see that Rachel put that she has signed the premises license over - I wonder who to ?

Her Ex? Sad

Apparently it's re-opening on 31 March

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print