Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
The Chapel (Read 31924 times)
itsmeagain
Exceptional Member

COTFORD ST LUKE
The Chapel
11. Nov 2014 at 15:22

I saw on Facebook yetserday that it is likely that the Chapel will close in January. Has anybody else heard anything about this?
« Last Edit: 31. Mar 2017 at 15:53 by Administrator »  

IP Logged

Jimmy
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Re: The Chapel
Reply #1 - 11. Nov 2014 at 16:22

Yes. I've also heard that it is up for sale for 650,000 Shocked or you can take on the lease for 3,000 per month.

IP Logged

itsmeagain
Exceptional Member

COTFORD ST LUKE
Reply #2 - 11. Nov 2014 at 16:47

Stunning Victorian Church converted to superb fully licence freehouse with restaurant and function facilities, charming 3/4 bedroom accommodation, trade gardens, car park etc. Immense charm and character throughout. Turnover approximately 300,000 per annum. Tremendous potential to develop. Viewing a must. New Free of tie lease. Realistic rental. Lease Offers 29,950 SAV or Freehold 600,000 - 650,000 SAV.

IP Logged

R1ch

Reply #3 - 18. Nov 2014 at 23:26

Looks like it has been sold to Tiger Bills restaurant chain. 

https://twitter.com/chapelcotford/status/534677537381941248

IP Logged

MrPiggs
Advanced Member

Reply #4 - 19. Nov 2014 at 10:23

Will be good to see how it all comes together, i imagine a small issue with parking though if it gets busy! I like Thai (just remember eating off your fork is the cultural equivalent of eating off a knife, so use a spoon!), and if it draws folks in from the other villages and the town then perhaps it will remain open a little longer.  The main group who own Tiger Bills have a varied portfolio of pubs, eateries and restaurants across the country.

IP Logged

MrPiggs
Advanced Member

Reply #5 - 19. Nov 2014 at 10:24

But keep in mind it is a franchise, so its up to the management to make it work!

IP Logged

TonyM
Extraordinary Member

Reply #6 - 19. Nov 2014 at 10:46

It's on this page as well:

https://twitter.com/TigerBills

IP Logged

itsmeagain
Exceptional Member

COTFORD ST LUKE
Reply #7 - 19. Nov 2014 at 13:54

This is the best news ever!  They are fantastic restaurants.  It will be sure to bring in people from outside Cotford once the word gets around. Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Cornish Rebellion

Reply #8 - 19. Nov 2014 at 20:22

Intrigued! Unusual for a chain of this type to invest in a Village location but hopefully that is a sign that like us, they see the potential in the Chapel and also Cotford itself. Hopefully this also extends to a commitment to make it work. If this does pull customers in from Taunton and the surrounding areas, this can only add to the desirability of Cotford. Let's hope this turns into a success story for them and more importantly a success story and benefit to all residents of Cotford.

IP Logged

Jimmy
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Reply #9 - 20. Nov 2014 at 09:34

Let's hope they retain the 'local pub' atmosphere where drinkers only will be welcome

IP Logged

itsmeagain
Exceptional Member

COTFORD ST LUKE
Reply #10 - 20. Nov 2014 at 10:28

It is a restaurant chain rather than a pub so I don't think it will retain the 'local pub' atmosphere.  They have very good write ups on trip adviser so should be great food. Smiley

IP Logged

Jimmy
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Reply #11 - 20. Nov 2014 at 10:57

That's the end of the pub then!  Does the Lethbridge Arms still do the free mini-bus service on Friday and Saturday nights?

IP Logged

Spangles

Cotford St Luke
Reply #12 - 20. Nov 2014 at 11:22

I think it will be as Mr Piggs says. If the new management does the homework they will see that the village needs a friendly bar where we can meet not always wanting a meal.

IP Logged

itsmeagain
Exceptional Member

COTFORD ST LUKE
Reply #13 - 20. Nov 2014 at 11:31

I am looking forward to somhere that I can walk to that does good quality food at not too expensive prices and Tiger Bills looks as though it will fit the bill.  They also have 2 totally differrent types of menus which will suit Thai food and steak/burger lovers  Wink

IP Logged

TigerBillsChapel
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 20. Nov 2014 at 12:30

Hi all

I am Rachel, one of those heading up the new Chapel. While a personal 'purchase' we will indeed by supported by The Lifestyle Group and we are incorporating the Tiger Bills Kitchen. It's a fabulous offering, and we feel the perfect menu to complement the beautiful building as well as Cotford's demographic. We hope to maximise the potential of this lovely local pub, which we hope to have thriving into the new year and beyond.

We were hoping to move in before Christmas, but while negotiations continue, it is looking more like the end of Sam's lease in January.

Smiley

Rachel

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print