Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Cotford St Luke

HomeHelpSearch Sign Up Login Village Website  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
25a bus service to cease--- (Read 24743 times)
Tempus Fugit
Forum Oracle
Master of Village Posts

Also available in sarcastic.

This space available to rent.
Re: 25a bus service to cease---
Reply #60 - 25. Nov 2013 at 14:19

Quote:
Who knows what goes on with the cogs that turn the wheels?

Pictures of Her Majesty in manilla envelopes...? ...

Grin

Science - making religion look stupid since the 17th century.

IP Logged

Jimmy
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Reply #61 - 26. Nov 2013 at 08:47

I'm sure those who use the free bus are ever so grateful.........but could you ask the bus drivers to slow down please.  The one going down the hill past the shop this morning was driving much too fast!!

IP Logged

TonyM
Extraordinary Member

Reply #62 - 26. Nov 2013 at 09:44

Jimmy wrote on 26. Nov 2013 at 08:47:
he one going down the hill past the shop this morning was driving

I  thought the 25a only went UP the hill past the shop.

IP Logged

Jimmy
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Reply #63 - 27. Nov 2013 at 15:48

Definately Quantock Motors free bus service (it had a Quantock Motors Free Bus Service sign in the windscreen), and was definately going downhill past the shop.

IP Logged

Jimmy
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Reply #64 - 11. Dec 2013 at 12:44

This bus was going well in excess of 20mph as it rounded the top roundabout this morning.  Someone at Quantock Motors should tell the driver to slow down.

IP Logged

marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Reply #65 - 11. Dec 2013 at 13:48

My first reaction when I read your initial post on this subject, Jimmy, was "----why don't you phone Quantock Motors? Surely that would be more effective than posting it on here --- a website that they may not read."

----but I know that there are reasons why people don't report things themselves (I've been in that situation recently when I've witnessed a car being driven erratically late at night)---

I don't have a connection with Quantock Motors but I do know the Manager there ---- so I don't mind phoning and saying that concerns have been expressed that the bus is travelling faster than the speed limit through the village allows----

I'll do that now----- (have p.m'd you, Jimmy.)

IP Logged

marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Bus Service----
Reply #66 - 19. Apr 2014 at 09:51

I have heard that Quantock are withdrawing their Saturday service from Cotford to Taunton, just continuing with the Monday to Friday service.

I noticed a lady waiting for the 9am bus at the stop near Merrifields this morning and she was still there when First bus came along at 9.30am---so perhaps Quantock have already ceased operating on Saturdays----

Also----I have read (in the Somerset County Gazette) that Webbers bus have been taken off the Park and Ride schedule and Somerset Buses are taking over that service next Tuesday until another company tenders for its contract which makes me think that there may be no Park and Ride service today---  Huh

IP Logged

marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Reply #67 - 20. Sep 2014 at 16:12

---so, for the past ten months we had the convenience of a half-hourly bus service to Taunton but now that Quantock Motors have ceased their service runs we're back to just having First Bus making an arterial trip to the stops around the village on the half-past every hour (except on Sundays)---

Thank you to Quantock for stepping into the breach last Autumn and to all those who arranged for this to happen---- (Mike Rigby, John Hassle and our Parish Councillors).

----and I saw one of our Parish Councillors this morning who told me that moves are underway to try to reinstate at least a commuting time extra service through different bus companies----

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print