Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
Superfast Broadband (Read 50747 times)
itsmeagain
Exceptional Member

COTFORD ST LUKE
Re: Superfast Broadband
Reply #150 - 28. Jun 2014 at 11:42

I've called Talk Talk and they have confirmed I can get fibre. Bye bye BT hello Talk Talk 20 cheaper a month!

IP Logged

itsmeagain
Exceptional Member

COTFORD ST LUKE
Reply #151 - 29. Jun 2014 at 09:03

Has anybody else got Talktalk fibre and how is it?

IP Logged

Cornish Rebellion

Reply #152 - 01. Jul 2014 at 20:39

If I remember will let you know how I get on once installed on the 07th.  Whether it makes a difference, I was already a talktalk customer before signing for fibre.

IP Logged

itsmeagain
Exceptional Member

COTFORD ST LUKE
Reply #153 - 01. Jul 2014 at 22:36

Thanks, it will be good to know the speeds

IP Logged

satchmo
Ex Member

Reply #154 - 02. Jul 2014 at 16:08

I had this problem a while ago and it was apparently something to do with their web site. I called to order and was hooked up within a couple of weeks. Now getting 20mbs download and a long way from the box.

IP Logged

Cornish Rebellion

Reply #155 - 07. Jul 2014 at 18:23

Cornish Rebellion wrote on 01. Jul 2014 at 20:39:
If I remember will let you know how I get on once installed on the 07th. Whether it makes a difference, I was already a talktalk customer before signing for fibre.

Installed today 25 down and 10 up on WIFI in furthest end of Burge Crescent from the box. Finally no lag on videos, downloads etc. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

itsmeagain
Exceptional Member

COTFORD ST LUKE
Reply #156 - 09. Aug 2014 at 11:45

Well, I took the plunge and went with BT. I had infinity 1 installed and the engineer said I can get infinity 2. Now got infinity 2 and not having much luck. I am in a 3 storey house and the router is on the middle floor. Downstairs wireless getting 15 on laptop and about 11 on my ipad. Does drop to 3 sometimes but I am told there is a settling in period. Not sure I am getting infinity 2 as my speeds don't reach the max for infinity 1. Sad

IP Logged

Stu
Advanced Member

Cotford St.Luke
Reply #157 - 09. Aug 2014 at 17:32

I am not having much luck with BT infinity. Wireless signal is shocking. The Internet keeps dropping. Bt have been out, they said there was faults at the green box in the village. They said they have fixed. It is still playing up. Engineer is coming again Tuesday, but I can't see what he is going to be able to do.

IP Logged

itsmeagain
Exceptional Member

COTFORD ST LUKE
Reply #158 - 09. Aug 2014 at 18:55

Can you let me know how you get on. Do you come off the box by the school?

IP Logged

Stu
Advanced Member

Cotford St.Luke
Reply #159 - 09. Aug 2014 at 19:12

I'm not sure what box. We are in burge crescent. I will let you know what happens

IP Logged

Digi

Reply #160 - 13. Aug 2014 at 01:06

How'd you get on Stu?

IP Logged

Stu
Advanced Member

Cotford St.Luke
Reply #161 - 13. Aug 2014 at 12:33

I am still waiting for the engineer to arrive, they didn't complete the booking for the engineer, so he never turned up. They have rebooked for Thursday between 3 and 6pm. I have complained to BT and will be taking it further when the issue is resolved. They have spoken about fitting a booster to my line to increase the internet speed. Their customer services has been shocking.

IP Logged

itsmeagain
Exceptional Member

COTFORD ST LUKE
Reply #162 - 14. Aug 2014 at 07:39

On the day my infinity was supposed to be installed the engineer didn't turn up for the morning appointment because my line hadn't been switched over. I took a day off work which was completely wasted. I had to take another day off to get it installed. When I called to get advice about the slow speed they said I would need to pay for a booster.   I am not impressed with them so far as they seem to mess people around. I also had a problem through quidco with them.

IP Logged

Cunningplan

Reply #163 - 14. Aug 2014 at 09:50

It's been mentioned on this thread previously in quite a few posts with regard using wireless connections for reliable and fast internet.

Wireless signals are affected by many factors including distance, wall density, electrical interference, directional antenna range, etc.

All of these factors will affect your actual wireless range. As wireless connection quality varies the connection speeds are renegotiated. The connection may start at 50 Mbps and end up at less than 10 Mbps or drop entirely due to excessive interference. Latency (Ping time) can also vary wildly on a wireless connection.

Many wireless connections also experience interference from microwave ovens and cordless phones which interfere with the 2.4 GHz band. Not all devices can use the 5 GHz frequency. Many laptops and tablets only operate at 2.4 GHz. Thus the need for dual band routers, and tablets and laptops that support the N band 5GHz range

I'm with BT and I can only speak as I find, they provide me with a fast reliable service, but my main PC is cabled directly to the router, which is the only way to get the top speeds your line is capable of.

You can't expect BT to rectify your wireless problems, they can certainly advise in what you can do to sort some of them out, like a wireless extender, but as I said if you want the top speed your line is capable of, plug an ethernet cable in. Smiley

IP Logged

Stu
Advanced Member

Cotford St.Luke
Reply #164 - 14. Aug 2014 at 13:17

My Problem with the wireless, is that we are sitting next to the router. Bloody internet.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print