Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Cotford St Luke

HomeHelpSearch Sign Up Login Village Website  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Friends of Dene Barton Community Hospital (Read 33838 times)
marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Re: Friends of Dene Barton Community Hospital
Reply #75 - 12. Sep 2016 at 21:14

Sssshhh! --- I happen to be in the privileged position of having a sneak preview of items for sale at the forthcoming Friends of Dene Barton Fete to be held at Cotford's School Hall on Saturday 24th September from 2 - 4pm so I thought I would secretly share some photos with you----

The Combe Florey Ladies' Sewing Group have lovingly stitched patchwork quilts for babies' cots and a little one's sleeping bag and want to donate them to our Craft Stall---

I think they're gorgeous and shall be bagging one for a new great-grandchild who should be making his entry into the world before that date----

P.S.------so I tried to attach the photos but couldn't----- Sad ---- (I'm not very savvy when it comes to technical stuff!) but they are so sweet in muted pastel colours. If I can enlist the help of someone-who-knows-how-to-do-the-things-that-I-can't I'll get some pictures on here---just watch this space---- Wink
« Last Edit: 13. Sep 2016 at 20:57 by Administrator »  

IMG_0088.JPG (162 KB | 76 )
IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0091.JPG (149 KB | 96 )
IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG (160 KB | 80 )
IMG_0097.JPG

IP Logged

marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Reply #76 - 16. Sep 2016 at 11:14

I know I shouldn't gossip but-----

I just can't help passing on the goings-on in a certain garage in the village---

When I peeped inside the other evening I saw a myriad of pots and baskets all prettily planted with cyclamen, pansies, mini-chrysanths and something bearing white berries --- Apparently, they'll be on sale at the Friends of Dene Barton's Fete next Saturday (24th). Amongst the tubs fit to grace any patio, there were some smaller pots which would give kerb appeal to any modest doorstep----- Also, nestled between the containers, were sweet little baskets of viola planted up with the youngest budding gardeners who may be at the Fete in mind---- Smiley

IP Logged

marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Treasure Hunt----
Reply #77 - 20. Sep 2016 at 18:38

Only one person in the village (and it's not me!) knows where it is but, somewhere in Cotford St Luke, there are three caches of treasure hidden........ A 10 note, a 5 note and coins amounting to 3.......

The only clue I have is that the hoards can be discovered in Cotford's School Hall on Saturday 24th September ---- The portal through which the riches can be accessed opens at 2pm and will close at 4pm----

----so, Treasure-hunters, just come along and find the 'X' which marks the spot so that you can sail away with the booty---- Wink

IP Logged

Friends

Reply #78 - 22. Sep 2016 at 00:21

The Friends of Dene Barton are very grateful for the Raffle prizes which have so far been donated for this coming Saturday afternoon's Fete at Cotford School.

Amongst the luxury items which have come our way are an attractive wicker hamper (which would be ideal for picnics!) filled with an assortment of fine foods and accessories, a 50 Tesco's voucher and a generous token from our local Thai Restaurant, The Chapel. With many thanks to all our sponsors.

Hope to see you on Saturday. Smiley

IP Logged

Friends

Reply #79 - 24. Sep 2016 at 22:48

The Friends of Dene Barton would like to thank everyone who supported us in any way in the lead up to and at the Fete today. Your donations of goods and prizes for the stalls, your help in our preparations for the event and your being there turned this afternoon into an enjoyable occassion for us all ---

Thank you so much ----  Smiley

IP Logged

Friends

Reply #80 - 29. Sep 2016 at 19:35

The Friends of Dene Barton are delighted to announce the total raised at the Fete last Saturday, thanks to the support of all who attended, was 976.82 net..... A further generous donation has pushed the total up to 1,000... Thank you so much everyone.....  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print