HomeHelpSearch Sign Up Login Village Website  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Guitaraoke !! (Read 67741 times)
Colin
Exceptional Member

Guitaraoke !!
03. Jun 2009 at 00:26

On thursday 11th June 2009 Colin from the Valetones will be running an 'open mic night cum sing along ' at The Chapel - just Col and his guitar and a few song books - come along and pick your favourite song and join in and sing along - better still bring an instrument and join in, better still get up and play and sing yourself. I'll be 'on stage' ( on my stool at the bar) at about 8.30. Hopefully I may be joined by Ray from the Valetones - so that's two of us already !
If this takes off we'll aim to run this on or about the second thursday of each month. see you there ! Cool

IP Logged

Grdnr

Re: Guitaraoke !!
Reply #1 - 08. Jun 2009 at 10:20

Will there be a drum kit?

IP Logged

Colin
Exceptional Member

Reply #2 - 08. Jun 2009 at 19:47

No sorry, no drum kit at the mo. We've got to keep the noise down a bit, hence no amps either - purely acoustic to start with and see how it goes.
If this proves popular and hopefully becomes a regular monthly event, who knows we might start using a small pa and getting slightly noisier. Smiley

IP Logged

Grdnr

Reply #3 - 09. Jun 2009 at 21:07

OK no probs, but if it does turn into a Jam night, I'd be well up for it.

J

IP Logged

Colin
Exceptional Member

Reply #4 - 10. Jun 2009 at 00:06

Hopefully it will prove successful and turn into a monthly open mic / jam night - got to statrt somewhere let's see how it goes.  Smiley

IP Logged

Colin
Exceptional Member

Reply #5 - 13. Jun 2009 at 14:01

Thursday was a cracking evening, thanks to all those that came and supported Ray and I - especially the silky vocal tones of John and Garthy - nice to see a few people dancing at the end aswell. Ray and my voices were a bit croaky at the end though - mind you playing and singing for about 3 hours does that to you ! The next one is on Thursday July 16th
Come along and join in ( and give me and Ray a rest !)  Smiley

IP Logged

Administrator
Administrator

cotford st luke
Reply #6 - 13. Jun 2009 at 20:16

Smiley

Roll Eyes

The Administrator.
pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ ǝsol ʇ,uop
IP Logged

marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Reply #7 - 16. Jun 2009 at 09:13

Thank you, Colin and Ray for the most pleasant evening on Thursday! (only meant to stay for an hour but your music kept us there until well past our bedtime!!!) We will look forward to the next session of serenades on July 16th. Glad to know you plan to make these evenings a regular feature at The Chapel. Smiley

IP Logged

Colin
Exceptional Member

Reply #8 - 15. Jul 2009 at 23:24

DON'T FORGET THURSDAY EVENING 16th JULY - ANOTHER ACOUSTIC JAM NIGHT AT THE CHAPEL

COME AND JOIN IN - OR SIT AND LISTEN

FUN STARTS @ 8.30 PM (ISH)   Cheesy

IP Logged

Tempus Fugit
Forum Oracle
Master of Village Posts

Also available in sarcastic.

This space available to rent.
Reply #9 - 17. Jul 2009 at 04:30

Colin wrote on 08. Jun 2009 at 19:47:
we might start using a small pa and getting slightly noisier. Smiley
Steady on! Think of the neighbours - especially in summer when we've got the double-glazing open to try and avoid marinading in our own juices!  Tongue

Some of us work funny hours. Early to bed, early to rise and all that sort of malarkey.  Undecided  Cry

Science - making religion look stupid since the 17th century.

IP Logged

Colin
Exceptional Member

Reply #10 - 25. Jul 2009 at 16:50

Thanks to those brave souls who came along on the 16th Ray and I had a lot of fun playing - we even had groupies at the end of the evening ( thanks Kate and Kim xx )
The next one is on Thursday 20th August.
Had a couple people said they'd like to bring their guitars along and join in and have a go - so why not do it. Oh and promise we won't be very loud so the neighbours can enjoy their beauty sleep! (hee hee )  Smiley

IP Logged

Tempus Fugit
Forum Oracle
Master of Village Posts

Also available in sarcastic.

This space available to rent.
Reply #11 - 26. Jul 2009 at 04:49

Colin wrote on 25. Jul 2009 at 16:50:
Oh and promise we won't be very loud so the neighbours can enjoy their beauty sleep! (hee hee )  Smiley
That's nice - ta. Now, if you can just get the shrill women who hang around outside making parting noises until midnight thirty or later to shut the <<censored>> up, all will be tickety-boo!  Lips Sealed

Wink

Roll Eyes

Cool

Science - making religion look stupid since the 17th century.

IP Logged

Colin
Exceptional Member

Reply #12 - 14. Aug 2009 at 23:45

Just a quick reminder that I'll be down at the chapel for another acoustic Jam night this coming thursday 20th August , hopefully again with my old mate Ray from the Valetones playing some songs old and new.
Please feel free to bring along your guitar or whatever other instrument you play and either join in, jam along or play something to entertain us yourself. If not just bring your voice and have a sing along. It's all very friendly and low key and none of the Britains got talent or Pop Idol judges will be there. Fun starts about 8.30 - 9.00 ish. come along and have some fun !  Smiley

IP Logged

Colin
Exceptional Member

Reply #13 - 16. Nov 2009 at 00:42

Ray and I will be back at the chapel this thursday evening (19th November) for another acoustic guitar sing-a-long. come along and join in, better still bring an instrument and jam with us. Smiley

IP Logged

marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Reply #14 - 16. Nov 2009 at 08:58

Delighted to read this event is on the calendar this week - hope to be there!
                                 Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 18
Send Topic Print