Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Dog Etiquette (Read 50021 times)
brooklynodog
Master Member

Cotford st Luke
Re: Dog Etiquette
Reply #75 - 17. Apr 2011 at 23:59

I notice our would be politician hasnt answered my question yet, so he obviously demonstrates the aptitude for politics!  Sad

A bad days fishing is still better than a good day at work.

IP Logged

J.m.h
Advanced Member

Burge Meadow
Reply #76 - 18. Apr 2011 at 13:22

My dog was attacked yesterday by a dog that was on the road and off the lead. My dog is only young and therefore i only let him off when we are in a big open space to do so. The dog that attacked him growled and bit him twice. The owner really made no attempt at getting him away from my dog and didnt even have the decency to apologise, she then proceeded to carry on up the road heading towards other dogs. I will not name the dog on here but its just to make people with dogs aware that if your dog is likely to attack other dogs then maybe it should be on a lead with a muzzle! My dog used to like interacting with other dogs and playing, however this has left him scared.

IP Logged

marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Reply #77 - 18. Apr 2011 at 14:00

Hi, J.m.h. ---- sorry to read that you had that experience yesterday.

It sounds as though it may have been the same dog owner as I encountered a couple of weeks ago -- YaBB.pl?num=1300383951/33#33. **

Hopefully, she may read the Forum news and realise that she needs to keep her dog under control -------

(Oh; I just noticed this is your first post, J.m.h --- Welcome to the Forum! Smiley )

[ ** The post I'm referring to is under 'The Village - New Play Area - page 2 - reply 33' ! ]
« Last Edit: 23. Apr 2011 at 18:11 by Administrator »  

IP Logged

marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Reply #78 - 18. Apr 2011 at 14:04

Why doesn't it just do it for me when I type in what I think is the direct link to something?????   Huh

I think if I were given a casting role in the Wizard of Oz, it would be the Scarecrow!!!!!!  (i.e. in need of a brain......)

Good thing The Wizard waits in the wings---------  Grin

IP Logged

Tempus Fugit
Forum Oracle
Master of Village Posts

Also available in sarcastic.

This space available to rent.
Reply #79 - 18. Apr 2011 at 14:13

Quote:
Hopefully, she may read the Forum news and realise that she needs to keep her dog under control

Don't hold your breath...

Roll Eyes

Science - making religion look stupid since the 17th century.

IP Logged

Jimmy
Extraordinary Member

Cotford St Luke
Reply #80 - 18. Apr 2011 at 17:07

Perhaps a quick word with PSCO Sharon would stop the behaviour; it certainly did with my door-knockers who had their own door knocked upon by PCSO Sue.

IP Logged

Mike Rigby

Reply #81 - 23. Apr 2011 at 13:50

This issue seems to provoke much debate in the village and has featured in many of my doorstep discussions.  There is obviously much that can be done by following the etiquette guide above but it has been pointed out to me by many that while Cotford itself has many dog waste bins, the less formal walking routes outside the village are not as well-served.  I'll therefore ensure, if elected on 5th May, that further bins are provided in these locations.  Do we need enforcement too?  Dog warden visits?

Mike Rigby
County Councillor, Lydeard Division, Somerset County Council
WWW CouncillorRigby  
IP Logged

Administrator
Administrator

cotford st luke
Reply #82 - 23. Apr 2011 at 18:15

Hi J.m.h.

I wonder if this is related to the woman who's dogs caused injury to another resident a couple of months ago: http://forum.cotford-st-luke.co.uk/YaBB.pl?num=1298217621

If you're not a resident:
Quote:
A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR PCSO, SUE THOMPSON, FOR TRACKING DOWN THE LADY WITH THE 3 DOGS AND TALKING TO HER. SEEMINGLY, THE AGGRESSIVE DOG WILL BE MUZZLED IN FUTURE. MY HUSBAND IS RECOVERING WELL AND HAS HIS STITCHES OUT ON WEDNESDAY.

The Administrator.
pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ ǝsol ʇ,uop
IP Logged

Mike Rigby

Reply #83 - 24. Apr 2011 at 09:43

@Brooklynodog Sorry, only just seen you question.  Dog waste bins can be bought for well under 100 each.  TDBC's budget is 13m per year.  While there are cuts coming, it's all a question of priorities, in terms of the subject area and geographical area of spending.  And I don't think we get our fair share in Cotford; the only way to change this is to change our Councillors, which is what motivated me to stand. I will get funding from one source or another for additional dog waste bins in Cotford.  As I've said elsewhere, if I fail, regardless of whatever else I achieve, I won't stand again next time.  I will do what I say. Smiley

Mike Rigby
County Councillor, Lydeard Division, Somerset County Council
WWW CouncillorRigby  
IP Logged

egor110
Exceptional Member

Reply #84 - 24. Apr 2011 at 14:06

Re dog poo bins , isn't the real cost paying the person who empties them, not the actual cost of the bin?
Less poo bins = less staff needed to empty them.

IP Logged

marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Reply #85 - 17. Jul 2011 at 16:48

I didn't know whether to post this under 'New Status' or here ---- so I plumped for here-----

A few may know that my status has changed to 'dog owner' in this past week -----

whilst my 11 month old Patterdale Terrier / Beagle cross and I have been bonding, taking in the sights, sounds and smells of the village on frequent walkies, I must say that every other canine we have encountered has welcomed the newcomer to the territory in a most friendly manner. (-----and I have got to chat to their owners-----)

I would like to train her to a standard where she is neither a nuisance nor an embarrassment; this first week of so many people encouraging her to interact with their pets has helped in teaching doggy-social-graces ----- so I just wanted to say 'Thank you!'     Smiley

IP Logged

Foxy Resident

Reply #86 - 25. Feb 2012 at 09:36

I am astounded by the amount of dog's mess not picked up around the village.  If you have a dog then you should act responsibly and clean up after them.  And why is it that the majority of unpicked up mess is from very large dogs.  It's disgusting.  I have lived in Cotford since 2000 and it seems to be deteroriating - weeds on walkways, dog's mess,  unsightly litter (especially around the shop - why don't they keep that area free of litter. People are more likely to drop litter if there is already litter there) and a disused pub.  Dog owners - if you can't look after a dog properly including cleaning up after it then don't have one!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print