HomeHelpSearch Sign Up Login Village Website  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Dog Etiquette (Read 50025 times)
henry small
Extraordinary Member

Re: Dog Etiquette
Reply #30 - 14. Jan 2010 at 19:04

Just thought even if its your own land you cant remember where your dog last fowled, and even when you own land you still invite others onto it, and my view is that you don't want your guests to be trod ding in dog mess, or maybe I'm wrong.

IP Logged

Tempus Fugit
Forum Oracle
Master of Village Posts

Also available in sarcastic.

This space available to rent.
Reply #31 - 14. Jan 2010 at 19:05

Or your offspring going out and playing with it...

Science - making religion look stupid since the 17th century.

IP Logged

egor110
Exceptional Member

Reply #32 - 14. Jan 2010 at 19:14

And i'd agree with you but whatever we think doesn't matter because it's not our land so we have no say on if he should or shouldn't pick up as it will never effect us or our family's unlike people who don't pick up in public areas.
I really don't see what the problem is with picking up your own dogs waste, it takes like 5 seconds to do and there are plenty of poo bins around ( bottom end of cotford)

IP Logged

pebble

Reply #33 - 15. Jan 2010 at 09:39

A friend of mine has called 356356 this am to complain about mess on the pavement o/side her house.  The man was v. helpful & is sending out a cleaner immediately to clear all of the paths where she has mentioned mess.  He asked that people in Cotford should call 356356 to complain - the more people who call, the more attention will be given to our problem ('twould be nice to have our own warden, or a bespoke poop pound like at Centreparcs, where dogs can be taken at start of ther walk to poo in a designated spot).  Some people will refuse to pick up mess even when challenged - I could describe several miscreants and their dogs.

IP Logged

delboy

Reply #34 - 16. Jan 2010 at 12:59

ok heres a thank you to the person who let there dog do its buisness in my drive then left it for my toddler to slip on the next morning. It has now been cleaned and disefected 30 mins of my time. If i see this happen again (on my drive) i will follow the culprit and leave them something on there drive. And i dont have pets if you get my drift if you cant look after your dog find someone who can. Not only is it filthy but dangerous to my toddler and that i wont accept. Angry  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
A big sorry to all you responsible dog owners the minority are letting you down Sad

IP Logged

Tempus Fugit
Forum Oracle
Master of Village Posts

Reply #35 - 16. Jan 2010 at 13:41

I wonder if that may count as criminal trespass, possibly even criminal damage? Any learned types signed up here with a more definite answer (sorry but I won't be putting you in funds before you post!)?

IP Logged

henry small
Extraordinary Member

Reply #36 - 16. Jan 2010 at 17:30

Disgusting its bad enough letting your dog fowl on public property,but to let it fowl on some ones drive or garden, i do not like to resort to violence but if that hap pend on my drive and my child or any member of my family stood in it i don't think i could help my self, so all you ignorant people out there who do not pick up after your pets, start to learn some respect for your fellow human beings. Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

delboy

Reply #37 - 16. Jan 2010 at 20:54

I've never had a say on this subject as im not a pet owner but to find this on my drive and worse to see my toddler step and slip on it infuriated me its simple clean up after your dog or suffer the consequences for example name and shame plus prosecution protecting my children is something i will happily go to jail for so beware Angry

IP Logged

muddypawsgrooming
Advanced Member

Reply #38 - 16. Jan 2010 at 22:07

Well I think yosaid Delboy - I'd feel the same and im a dog ower! As for Dog fouling laws - difficult as these only cover private land the public have access to... but if the dog was straying on your property (unaccompanied) that would be a different matter. Surely though there's nothing to stop you or anyone else making a complaint to your local council asking for the dog warden to do some patrols for us. ive lived here over 7 years and never seen the van in our village even once! I think we're due a visit.. Wink

IP Logged

Administrator
Administrator

cotford st luke
Reply #39 - 16. Jan 2010 at 23:27

Part of the problem seems to be teenagers and children walking dogs. If it were my child taking the dog out I would educate them and provide them with the necessary equipment to clean up, but folks these days don't seem to think of this; or don't care.  Undecided

The Administrator.
pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ ǝsol ʇ,uop
IP Logged

marilyn
Forum Oracle
Village Poet

Words --
Reply #40 - 17. Jan 2010 at 12:05

delboy wrote on 16. Jan 2010 at 12:59:
thank you to the person who let there dog do its buisness in my drive then left it for my toddler to slip on the next morning

I think this post is the 'showcase' as to what this thread is all about!
I was disgusted to read about the mishap of this toddler just because someone couldn't be bothered to clean up.

IP Logged

egor110
Exceptional Member

Reply #41 - 17. Jan 2010 at 15:03

Muddypaws-  not sure if you've ever had a chat with the dog warden but the area they cover is huge. The term needle in a haystack comes to mind.
As a multiple dog owner i realy don't get how you can leave it when it takes like 5 seconds to pick up and there are loads of poo bins around.
Re the post about criminal trespass that's never going to stand is it otherwise everyone with a cat would be liable aswell wouldn't they.

IP Logged

Tempus Fugit
Forum Oracle
Master of Village Posts

Reply #42 - 17. Jan 2010 at 15:46

No need to come over so short - I'm no lawyer, which is why my post was full of question marks.

There's two things on that point, though; 1) for the purposes of relevant law cats are classed as wild animals, unlike dogs (when was the last time you stopped because you hit a cat with your car, as per S170 the RTA1988? http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1988/ukpga_19880052_en_14 ).

2) If the dog was accompanied, did the owner tread where the dog did, or stay out in the road?

IP Logged

egor110
Exceptional Member

Reply #43 - 17. Jan 2010 at 16:16

If i hit a cat i would stop to se if it's still alive and if not to see if it had a name tag on , the least i could do is inform the owners.
Now i think dog owners get a bad deal we buy a pet , we train it , we pick up after it, yet you buy a cat  then let it out to s**t all over other people s gardens and think that's fine because you claim it's a wild animal? I'd call a fox or badger a wild animal not something that gets fed and sleeps in your house.

IP Logged

meldrew
Exceptional Member

cotford st luke
Reply #44 - 17. Jan 2010 at 19:00

I don't think that you can compare cats and dogs as pets.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print